Student Credit Card West Bengal, West Bengal Student Credit Card scheme, What Is WBSCC? How To Get Benefit from Student Credit Card of West Bengal.
On 30 Jun 2021, the government of West Bengal started a Student Credit Card scheme. A student can obtain a soft loan of up to ten lakh with the use of a credit card for higher education. Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said that this would help students to undergo higher education and prepare for competitive exams.
In today's article, we will provide you with comprehensive information regarding West Bengal Student Credit Card scheme, such as - What is West Bengal Student Credit Card scheme? And how can you profit from it?
What Is West Bengal Student Credit Card scheme?
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said of the student credit card, "I am delighted to announce that the West Bengal Government has launched the Student Credit Card today." The Scheme will provide a loan of up to ten lakh rupees with an annual simple interest rate of ten percent to empower Bengal's youth.
I am delighted to announce that GoWB has launched the #StudentCreditCard today.— Mamata Banerjee (@MamataOfficial) June 30, 2021
To make the youth of Bengal self-reliant, the Scheme shall provide a loan of up to ₹10 Lakh with an annual simple interest. (1/2)
“Moreover, the Scheme will benefit all students residing in West Bengal who are enrolled in Higher Educational Institutions & Competitive Examinations Coaching Centres,” Ms. Banerjee added.
According to an official statement, this scheme is intended to help students pursue secondary, higher secondary, madrasah, undergraduate, and postgraduate studies, including professional degrees and other equivalent courses, at institutes both within and outside India.
The West Bengal Cabinet approved the scheme last week, as promised by the Trinamool Congress in its election manifesto.
According to the state government, students can obtain a maximum loan of ten lakh rupees at 4% per annum simple interest from the state cooperative bank and its affiliated central cooperative banks, district central cooperative banks, and public or private sector banks.
Benefits Of West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme
- According to the West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme, it will have a credit limit of 10 lakh, an interest rate of only 4%, and simple repayment options, allowing students to pursue higher education without relying on their parents.
- Students who have lived in West Bengal for ten years are eligible for this scheme.
- Loans will be made available for undergraduate, postgraduate, doctoral, and post-doctoral studies in India and abroad.
- Students under the age of 40 are eligible for the scheme.
- The chief minister stated that a student will be given fifteen years to repay the loan after landing a job.
- Students' applications will be routed to banks through their educational institutions and the Department of Higher Education.
- The loan can be utilized for both institutional and non-institutional expenses such as hostel fees/rent, laptop purchases, and study tours/projects.
Documents Need For West Bengal Student Credit Card scheme
Know what documents you will need before applying to Student Credit Card West Bengal Scheme 2021. Keep the following documents available before filling out the form: Aadhar card, Residence certificate, Age proof, Ration card, Income certificate, Bank account details, Mobile number, Passport size photograph, Educational certificate, and so on. Let us now explain how to apply for WBSCC (West Bengal Student Credit Card).
How To Apply For West Bengal Student Credit Card?
- You must go to the official website of the West Bengal government i.e. https://banglaruchchashiksha.wb.gov.in/ or https://wb.gov.in/.
- On the homepage, you will notice a Student Credit Card Scheme option. Simply click on the same.
- The Registration Form page will now appear on the screen.
- Enter the necessary information such as your name, date of birth, gender, and so on in the input fields.
- After completing the registration process, a unique ID will be generated and sent to your mobile number, which will be used as your user ID for application submission. The Unique ID will be used for future purposes as a user ID.
- Now Log-In into the system from your user ID and Password.
- After logging in, apply for the Student Credit Card Scheme and finish the process by filling out the entire form and submitting it.
- After submitting download and print a copy for future reference.
The Student Credit Card West Bengal scheme will prove to be very useful for the needy students in West Bengal. This scheme aims to assist students in pursuing secondary, higher secondary, madrasah, undergraduate, and postgraduate studies, as well as professional degrees and other equivalent courses, at Indian and international institutions. With this scheme, the dream of those poor and middle-class students can be fulfilled which remains incomplete due to lack of money.
We hope that you have liked this information. You can write any query related to the scheme in the comment.
Read More Educational Articles -